Search This Blog

The Basement with Casey

Okay so I woke up this morning thinking it would be like any other day. I was extra excited and pumped about the Basement tonight and getting to take my sister (casey) with me to see why I moved all the way across the country. I knew tonight would be an experience we would never forget and a memory that we could share forever as sisters. Little did I know, God had bigger plans in the works.
Casey and I were just doing our usual routines and spending good quality time together on her second to last day here with me, when I get a phone call. It is Connie, my good friend and leader at the Basement. She proceeded to tell me that the Basement office had just called her to tell her they want to put me on stage again tonight. They know that we are close and so they asked her if she could make it happen. So she asked me and told me how pumped up and excited the team was to have me here and how much they were "inspired by my testimony." My jaw dropped as I listened to her explain to me what was about to go down tonight. She had nothing but good news to share and joy! She said Casey and I would be like VIP, front row and all...I am not here to be served but to serve, but this was a pleasant surprise! Connie promised to take care of Casey while I was backstage and on stage, until I could return to my sweet sister.
So here we go on another adventure with God. God never ceases to amaze me and pull out all the stops when I least expect it. Although the journey here was long and hard, it was well worth it. Just like my journey here on earth will be, but well worth it as I press forward keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus. Each step I take with God, on my pilgrimage, is a step closer to eternity with Him forever! And hopefully with all the ones I love too!

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" Romans 8:18

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations hun! What will you be singing? with the worship team? solo? Can't wait to hear all about it!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete