Search This Blog

Pre-ordained destiny

So Missy Pitt (Matt Pitts mom) shared the most amazing story with us at the leadership meeting. She was talking about Matt being a little discouraged lately because he has been getting sick and he is having a lot of fatigue. Mind you, he is in full-time ministry and preaches all over the world. He had just flown in from the other side of the country Monday night, and then got up and preached to all of us (leaders on the Basement team). He was exhausted, but God gave him strength in his weakness. So Missy's heart had felt really burdened for Matt lately, so she was praying as she was cleaning and organizing. She ran across some of Matt's old stuff from childhood and found this little treasure. It was this little tiny booklet out of folded paper that Matt had made at the age of six. It had stick figures drawn in crayon and words underneath in pencil. She pulled out this book at the meeting and began to read it to us.
And so it goes, "There once was a boy, who had a hard life. But one day he got a Jesus stroke in his whole body. He felt real good after that, and the devil got ticked. The boy grew up and became a preecher (that's how he spelt it haha) and he 'preecht' all over the 'contry'. And 'thin' he preecht all over the world and thin everybidy got savedt." It was funny how Missy told us how he spelt out certain words, highlighting how young Matt was at the time he made this. After she read this to us, the whole team just looked around at each other going...wow! We had goosebumps on our arms. A six year old Matt Pitt had just prophesied his whole life. Missy went on to say "Do not ever get discouraged or doubt the God-given dreams in your heart. God gave them to you before you were even born. You might not have even really known the extent or the reality of these dreams as a child, but they were in your little heart all along. He has it all figured out, it is al pre-ordained. His plans and purposes are too lofty for us to understand, His ways are above our ways, His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. Just trust Him, as He leads you in your destiny. Do not give up. He sewed you together in your mama's womb and has been preparing you, your whole life for such a time as this." Amen!
I think back on when I was a little girl and sitting in church with my grandparents and my mom, looking up at the cantor's singing near the altar. I would just pray in my little heart that one day I could be up there singing and leading the congregation. Guess what my first job was at age 16 (besides the occasional babysitting job)...I was the cantor at the church I'd grown up in. I also remember my mom always playing Amy grant and Michael W. Smith on these little cassette tapes in the car, as we drove around to run errands. I would sing along and pick my favorite songs...I wanted to be just like Amy Grant. I was too young to even know that she was a Christian singer. Once again, God put these desires in my heart before I could even fully comprehend them. Then, even before I was born again, I had gone in the studio to record some songs...one of them being an evanescence song. I later realized that the song was about God, and the band had spiritual undertones on their whole album. Hmm...interesting. My mom would always say to me, "Malorie, you are going to be a Christian singer one day." I would laugh at her, telling her that I wanted to be the next Jessica Simpson-pop singer. Funny how, Jessica Simpson first tried to be a Christian singer, before she broke into pop music. And she had certain songs that gave glory to God and she still does. In fact, her music is coming full circle as she makes her way closer and closer back to Christian music. She just recorded a country album, with songs like "Praying out loud" "You're my Sunday" "Still Beautiful"...all about God and His love and the power of prayer and His holiness. I could go on and on about all these little underlying messages and notes throughout my whole life...but I think you get the point.


"When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15-16

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." v.5-6

"When I tried to understand all this, it was too much for me
till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny." Psalm 73:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment