Monthly Supporters

The seed I've received I will sow

If you're going to be the best at anything/the most faithful to one thing let it be to God. Self-care and self-love come from first receiving God's love for you. God will not open the heavens on our big dreams until we have proven faithful with the foundation of what He has entrusted to us. It starts with us. If we cannot care for ourselves, how can He trust us to care for anything else? Saying no, takes more courage and self-love than saying yes all the time to everyone and everything.
"The seed I've received I will sow." He gives me lots of seeds, deposits in my heart and spirit. But they are not for me to keep all to myself. It is my duty to sow those seeds in other's hearts. Not to bury them, but to be the faithful servant to God and the obedient messenger of His love and truth and hope. What I try to hold onto and keep, I will lose. Hold everything with an open hand, surrendered to God. He gives and takes away. Let the power and love flow through you like a conduit. I am filled up to then empty and pour out to others, so that I can be filled again. But if we miss the emptying of ourselves to others part, how can we be refilled. First receive, then pour out, and receive again...so the circle goes round. God created us this way for a reason. He wants us to be in fellowship with our brothers and sisters. He made our hearts interdependent on each other and on Him. Otherwise we might just all go off on our little isolated islands and keep all to ourselves...never needing anyone or reaching out to help anyone else. Thank goodness that is not the way we were designed. What a lonely and empty existence that would be. God wants to be sought after wholeheartedly by us. So we first must seek Him for the seeds, to assure that what we are given (and then able to give away) is true and pure. Coming from God and His will, not counterfeit-coming from our own will.
Left to our own devices we will get just enough to barely meet our needs-yet it still won't satisfy. The black hole is still left void by our vain, willful pursuits to fill it ourselves. What resources are we left with to then give away to others? Not much, if any because we are still self-seeking. God however, designed us so that if we chase after Him to be filled- He gives us much more than we even ask or could imagine.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power in your inner being, so that His Spirit may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power...to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the FULLNESS of God. Now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably MORE than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:16-20

HIS fullness gives us an abundance to give away. Abundant love, grace, JOY, peace, mercy, patience...When I have such an abundance to give-I know it is coming from Him and Him alone. His supernatural strength is stirred up in my spirit. He gets all the glory because I know my own strength and I especially know my weaknesses.

"we have these treasures in jars of clay [*our earthly mortal bodies*] to show that this all-surpassing power is from GOD and not from us." 2 Cor.4:7
*easily broke, here one minute gone the next

We reap what we sow. I pray to sow with love and truth. "Freely you have received, freely give." Matthew 10:8

No comments:

Post a Comment