Monthly Supporters

Unexpected Moments :)

Expectations can steal us away from the moments in our life that are given to us as a gift. We might be so focused on what we think should happen or the way it should happen, that we miss what is actually happening right before our eyes. I am guilty of this for sure. I get so excited and subconsciously have these huge expectations going into a situation, that I miss out on the "unexpected moments." We are all human and most of us, if not all, have underlying expectations whether we realize it or not. The intentions are good of course, expecting the best, seeing the world through rose colored glasses...seeing the world through God's eyes. These are all good things. Unfortunately sometimes these good intentions can be turned against us when we are focusing on the expected outcome more than God's sovereignty. Good things can easily take my eyes off of the focus...the real focus; which is God. I have noticed that the real moments that have blessed me the most in my life, are often the ones that I have not seen coming/have not prepared for in any way. Because we didn't get what we expected or hoped for in the moment, we miss out on the good that we did receive from God. It is ALL good coming from Him, as He works all things together for our good.

Mom and I had a conversation about this the other day. I was feeling overwhelmed because I did not want to miss out on anything while I am here. Knowing that I only have an allotted amount of time here, I wanted to make the best of it. But this expectation was actually distracting me and overwhelming me and worrying me. I was so consumed with trying to be present that I wasn't present. Mom just kept saying, "it's the unexpected moments Mal, the unexpected moments." This is soooo true!!! I wasn't trusting in God's sovereignty. He blesses us when we least expect it and from places we might not even think of. We might not get what we want but we always get what we need. I want what I need, because He knows better than I do what I need. I always end up being blown away by those little "unexpected moments" that only He could arrange. He does it this way so that I know it is coming from HIM. If I had foreseen it, or "earned" it or even planned it, then I might not give credit where credit is due. Credit is always due to GOD. His glory always prevails. I pray to just go with God's flow today, trusting HIM in all things and keeping my eyes and heart open to the moments that He sets before me. Thank you for the unexpected moments God! In Jesus Name I pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment