Monthly Supporters

Child Like Faith AND Wisdom

I would rather be foolish than faithless...that is what child like faith is. I feel like I have been going through some major discernment lessons. The hardest lessons are always the one's that stick. The one's where we were totally wrong, or missed all the red flags from God...but that is how He teaches us. That is how He cultivates discernment deep within us. Through the "mistakes"...there are no mistakes in God's Kingdom, He allows things to happen to teach us. I tend to look at the world with rose colored glasses, I want to see the best in people & situations. This is a huge blessing from God but can also be very bad when it comes to discernment. I want to be sharp and wise and discerning, while at the same time seeing the best in people. It is a tough combo, and one that only God could truly help me do. I am usually at one extreme or the other...seeing everyone & everything in a good light, but maybe missing the red flags. So God is dealing with me on this. He gave me the verse

Matthew 10:16
“I am sending you out like sheep with wolves all around you. Be wise like snakes and gentle like doves." The gentle as doves part comes pretty naturally (by His grace & through HIM) but the wise as snakes part He is pruning in me right now. I am grateful He is teaching me all of this. I know I need it, in this big big world and in ministry. It is very important to be wise & cautious, while at the same time loving & accepting. Only Jesus could do this perfectly...wow what an example He is to follow! The best!!!

God also gave me these verses recently as I've been going through some church changes here in California...
Don’t put your confidence in powerful people;
there is no help for you there.
When they breathe their last, they return to the earth,
and all their plans die with them.
But joyful are those who have God...as their helper,
whose hope is in the Lord their God.-Psalm 146:3-5

My hope is not in a powerful leader at my church and his dreams and visions for my life. My HOPE is in GOD alone...always and forever. Because when that leader is gone or when God redirects my footsteps, GOD alone remains the same. His plans and purpose and dreams for my life will never change, will never be to harm me or to use my gifts for anything but HIS glory! God's plans are the BEST. Submitting to His plan, trusting, knowing it might not "look" like what I thought I 'wanted' but it is surely always what I NEED. And it always, always works out that what HE has for me, what I need...always turns out to be what I truly wanted all along, just didn't know any better. It is like a kid that asks His dad for chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner..the Dad knows best what the child needs, but the child doesn't know. Later on however the child thanks the Father for being a good Dad and meeting His needs. So it is with us & God. I want to LOVE His will. Thy will be done. And trust His will, because His will is the best. He will meet our needs, it will be more than we could as think or imagine. He may not give us the blueprint, because He just wants us to trust without needing to see it. Once again, it is just me and Jesus. Exactly where He wants me. Totally and utterly dependent on HIM for every move I make, every breath I breathe, every step I take. Desperate for Him. He gives us a dream that we could never do without HIM, so that we have to press into HIM in every way and trust Him in every way to even take one step closer to it. So that HE can be glorified in EVERY WAY.

Follow your dreams...you say "I don't know how to follow this dream"...without GOD. But with HIM all things are possible and if you keep following Him one step at a time, He will accomplish His plan. It is a promise and He can't break His promise.

I will give them ONE heart & one purpose to worship me forever...I will make an everlasting covenant with them. I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me. I will find joy in doing good for them-Jer. 32:39-40

Wow. His Words. His promises. 100% Truth. God is always faithful!

My loyalty is first and foremost always to Jesus. I will also always be loyal and faithful to the Basement.

1 comment: