Monthly Supporters

Give it up for GOD

But blessed is the man who trusts me, God,
the woman who sticks with God.-Jeremiah 17:7 (MSG)

Most blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.-Jer. 17:7

This goes along with my blog yesterday about not putting your hope in powerful leaders, or in humans in general. But putting your whole confidence in the LORD and sticking with Him. Not relying on your own, or on any mere human strength but relying on God's power & strength.

The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful,
a puzzle that no one can figure out.
But I, God, search the heart
and examine the mind.
I get to the heart of the human.
I get to the root of things.-Jer.17:9-10

Okay now that may really sound depressing at first...like Oh great my heart is hopelessly deceitful & an unsolvable puzzle even to me?!? But the Truth is, God knows our hearts through and through, better than we ever could. It is impossible to know every single motive of our hearts & every motive of every single thing we do. It is important to press into God and ask Him to search our hearts (Psalm 139) and to reveal to us any offensive way or to reveal our motives to us. But we cannot search our hearts without Him. He is THE heart searcher. There are times when I do rely on my human strength, or maybe on someone else's...I am not proud of it, but I am being honest. God is faithful to reveal to me when I am putting my reliance in the wrong place and not on Him.

He wants the best for us. He reveals to us so that we can surrender and put our hope & trust back in Him. If I don't even know my own heart then I surely don't know what I need. If my own heart can even deceive me then I really need to stick close to God. I have to stick close to Him to be on guard and discerning. Not seeking or forcing my will, but just the opposite, letting go of my will and seeking to follow His. Whatever we have to let go of to follow His will, is ultimately for our good. I just heard Zig say this at Unashamed last night:

"God will never make you give up something you cant live w/out. Guaranteed, anything you give up for Him, He'll give you BETTER!"

That is so true. If you think about it, anything you have ever given up for God, you survived without and in fact you were better off without it. And I guarantee He brought something even better your way. He does close doors, we do face rejection...but rejection is His protection & leading us in a better direction, to a BETTER open door. Don't trust your own unsteady willpower or your deceitful heart. Don't lean on your own understanding & try to figure it out. Just let Him lead you & trust in HIM. He is the only One that has the best plan for you all mapped out and knows the best way to get you there.

What you were created to do, you can't do without God. God doesn't want to go a single day, a single minute without YOU! Don't go a single minute without Him! -@ZIGoftheU

No comments:

Post a Comment