Mal's Instragram

Search This Blog

my new pen-pal : )

Wanted to share this letter with ya'll! I have a special new pen-pal through Compassion International. Age 7 (my lucky number). Here is my first letter to my precious friend:


Hello my sweet friend!
My name is Malorie. I just moved from sunny California all the way across the country to be a part of the Basement ministry out here in Birmingham, Alabama. Where do you live? What a blessing it is to write to you!!! I just love snail mail...that's what I call letters we get in the mail. It is so much fun having a special pen-pal. When I was your age I had a couple pen-pals, and we would write letters to each other every week. I remember getting so excited each and every day as I waited for the mailman to arrive. Would today be the day my letter came from my special friend? It was always a surprise when it finally did arrive, and the surprise was half the fun! We would decorate our letters with stickers and colored markers and even draw little pictures for each other. Sometimes we sent pictures of ourselves and fun little things like that to make each letter unique. I just love being creative! How about you? What kinds of things do you like to do for fun? I still love coloring in coloring books, writing poems, making special cards for people to brighten their days. It's so fun being creative and its even more fun to give handmade gifts to my friends. One of my very favorite things to do is to sing to and for God. I love to play the guitar and write music to glorify our Lord. Do you like to sing? What is your favorite music or band? The songs I write to God usually start out as letters I write to Him, then they become poems and then lyrics. It is a great way to talk to God and feel closer to Him : ) He is always listening to us and He loves when we talk to Him and sing songs of praise to Him.
"My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul" psalm 108:1
"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts" Psalm 105:2
I love reading the Word of God. It is the best book there is because it is alive and active and 100% Truth. Do you like to read? If so, what are a few of your favorite things to read? I did not used to like reading because I had a hard time focusing and read very slowly. But I absolutely love it now! It is amazing what God can do. Not only did He help me to become a better reader, but I actually love reading now. With God nothing is impossible! When I first moved to Alabama I missed my family a lot, but the Lord is always with me and He is the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Spending quality time with Jesus is my favorite thing to do!
I really look forward to getting to know you more my precious friend! I already love you because God loves you and we are family!!! Everyone is a child of God. What a sweet blessing to get to share God's love with you, He will love YOU through me!!! I am just the messenger of His love, He is THE LOVE! "God is love" 1 John 4:8

Love in HIM, Malorie : )

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment