Mal's Instragram

Search This Blog

WHITEOUT...the week leading up to it

The Basement WHITEOUT is tomorrow night! I am so pumped!!! It has been one crazy week...thats for sure. As some of you may know, my mom fell down the stairs on Fathers Day. It was terrifying because she is already disabled. To see her laying there at the bottom of the steps was definitely shocking at first. Once I realized she was okay and coherent I calmed down quickly. I was able to remain calm and be present to help in any way I could. I know it was the Lord doing it through me. We took her to the ER and were there until a little after midnight. She broke a couple bones in her ankle/foot. We got her home and back up the stairs and from that point on I basically became her full-time caregiver, and running the house, keeping up the garden, grocery's, laundry, dinners for her & my stepdad, cleaning after our guests...just the usual upkeep of a home. Boy do I have sooo much respect for moms! I feel like I am a mom or a 'momager' mom manager of the house and the puppies...etc. Plus I am kind of my moms mom right now too, taking care of her.
My stepdad is gone during the days, so I took that shift. My Aunt lisa and cousins Hayley and Chelsa came into town sunday night as well, with Chelsa's two little babys (so precious). They came over monday and spent the day with us as well as tuesday. Mom couldn't do much because she has crutches and can't get up and down the stairs, so I def. got a workout : ) Wednesday morning mom had surgery to remove the fragmented bones that were floating around from the break. She did well but had to stay overnight two nights because she is so susceptible to staff infections. She was in a lot of pain but she prayed her way through it all and said the rosary. I am so proud of her. I wish I could have taken the pain away myself, but I knew God had her in His hands and He was with her every step (or mis-step) of the way...lol!
I also have been taking care of her puppies for her while she was away. That's just the tip of the iceberg, but you get the drift. All I can say is God gets sooo much glory this weak. What He pulled us through, and still is pulling us through is just amazing. In our weakness He has been so strong, and in Him I can do all things! I haven't slept much, but again God gets ALL the glory here, because He is giving me strength, energy and the ability. I love being able to be of service, so it has been such a blessing to be here esp. during this time for my family.

Needless to say, I am soooo looking forward to the Basement service tomorrow!!! Mom and I are going to watch it here together! To pray for others and be of service when you feel you barely have much to offer, that is God's grace shining through so brightly! Whatever we are lacking HE makes up for, so if we are lacking a lot, we are even stronger in Him.
This is my prayer:

"Lord Strengthen those who have tired hands & encourage those who have weak knees. Say to those afraid, 'Be strong & do not fear for your God is coming' Isaiah 35:3-4

Isaiah 35:3-10 is amazing!!!! Read it!!! So encouraging! Restoration, healing and replenishment to all of God's children, His servants, to the whole world!!! "Grant your strength to your servants" Psalm 86:16.

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow." Is 1:18

Watch tomorrow night online www.thebasementonline.com at 4:45 central time 6:45 eastern time













1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this but thankful that she is doing well. God is faithful. In our weakness He is made perfect!

    ReplyDelete