Monthly Supporters

Waiting: "She will call me her Husband"

How long will you wander, my wayward daughter?
God will create something new & different to happen:
A transformed woman will embrace the transforming God!"-Jer. 31:22
In another version of the Bible it says "A woman will court her suitor"...wow! God is our suitor, pursuing our wandering, wayward hearts. In Hosea 2 God says, "She will call me her husband"

But then I will win her back once again.
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly (words of comfort) to her there.
I will return her vineyards to her
and transform the Valley of Trouble, a door of hope.
And she will SING there as she did when she was young (NLV)
when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt.

When that day comes,” says the Lord,
“you will call Me ‘My Husband’-Hosea 2:14-16 (NLT)

"I will promise to make you Mine forever. Yes, I will take you as My bride in what is right and good and fair, and in loving-kindness and in loving-pity. I will keep My promise and make you Mine. Then you will know the Lord."-Hosea 2:19-20

WOW! I could write an entire novel just on these verses from Hosea & Jeremiah...the thing is...there are SO many more. His Word is so alive. He has been speaking to me about being His bride since before my baptism and He keeps revealing more and more to me. Hosea 2:15 He says she will SING there as she did when she was young. After He freed her from captivity. I can really relate to these verses. He is wooing me and calling me back to my first love...to HIM. Calling me back to singing to Him and for Him. He reminds me of all He has freed me from and all He has rescued me from. When He recalls to my mind & heart, all of the mercy & grace He has had upon me...it makes me want to SING for Him. Shout for JOY, sing from the top of the rooftops about how good He is. You see when you experience a LOVE like God, you want to tell the WHOLE WORLD about it. You can't help but tell them, sing about Him...you are bursting at the seems with His love! He is so jealous for us. For our love, affection, attention. For our first and our best. Because He loves us that much and He wants to give us HIS first and HIS best!


When my mind or my heart start to wander, even just a thought (take captive every thought)...I say out loud to myself & to God..."I set you as a seal upon my heart." And "The Lord is my shepherd, nothing shall I want." I am not saying I do this perfectly, but I have been trying to make it a practice, whenever my heart wanders...I say these verses. Focusing on what I don't have is to be ungrateful for all that I do have. It is to take my eyes & heart off of Jesus. It can & does change the course of my whole day. When I am focused on what I DO have...which is so much more than I could ever ask for, then I am not only cultivating at attitude of gratitude but I am also keeping my mind stayed on Him. Isaiah 26:3 is another favorite verse of mine. "He keeps in perfect peace, the one whose mind is stayed on Him, because He trusts in Him." Keeping my eyes on Jesus and my mind on eternal things, gives me the gift of HIS transcendent peace. Sometimes I start listing out loud all the things I am grateful for and all the things He has been doing in my life. Once we really start to look at all He is doing in us, thru us and for us, we will be amazed at how joyful and peaceful we will be, even in the worst situations. He anchors us with His peace & love & joy when we deposit into our spiritual banks. Life is always wanting to take withdrawals from your spiritual bank account. The enemy does come to STEAL...so make sure you are depositing plenty into your spiritual bank account so you are ready when life's storms hit. It is amazing how our attitude & perception changes everything. The fact is, God does meet all of my needs like a husband cares for a wife. It is just up to me to focus on that truth & "see" it with His eyes.

He will never stop pursuing our wandering hearts, and He will keep wooing us back to Him, reminding us of all the good He has done for us. Reminding us that He will continue to do good. He has a good track record!!! He keeps transforming us and calling us back to Him until we fully surrender our hearts to Him and pursue Him as our rightful suitor. I cry when I read this verse a loud, "How long will you wander, my wayward daughter, for I will cause something NEW & different to happen. A transformed women, will embrace the transforming God." There is so much hope there. He never gives up on us. He doesn't just want to save us, He wants to change & transform us until the day we return home to Him. God is so intimate, relational and romantic with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment