Monthly Supporters

Fear- False Evidence Appearing Real

Mary replaced worry with worship. Joshua did it even though he was afraid. We will face fear, we will have worry...these are both spirits that produce feelings that want to hold us back. F.E.A.R.- False Evidence Appearing Real. "Fear is just a crutch that tries to hold us back and turn our dreams to dust, all we need to do is just TRUST."-Fireflight. Dream anyways, love anyways, speak anyways, go anyways, live anyways, DO what God is calling you to do anyways!!!! Don't lose heart, don't give up beloved! "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than the fear that stares you back right between the eyes." It is not that Joshua never felt fear so God used him; Joshua felt fear so he had to rely on God' strength even more in the face of fear. We cannot wait to not feel fear...courageous people feel fear they just do what they are being called to do anyway. Esther faced her fears and did what God was asking her to. "I came to you in weakness and fear and with much trembling" 1 Cor. 2:3. I can relate to Paul very much here. I feel that I God has sent me into mission fields, weak, fearful and trembling. I felt very ashamed about this fear and "not good enough" many times, but His truth revealed to me that in my fear He is all the more glorified. "so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." 1 Cor. 2:5. Often times my insecurities do make me fear men, but my reverence for God and His holiness far outweighs this earthly fear. I put no confidence in the flesh and I shall boast of my weaknesses so that my God gets all the glory and His strength is known to all. "God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong"(v.27). I hold on to this hope and truth. Not perfectly...but it's progress not perfection. Not perfect, just forgiven-as Matt always says. : )


Fear is going to try to keep us from having the victory. I will not fear, because God is with me. He is greater than anything that comes against us.
Whatever you are lacking, God will be that for you. In fact, the more you lack, the more His power rests upon you and is glorified in you. "No matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ" 2 Cor. 1:20.
"God is telling Joshua, 'You are not going to get where your going, unless you make God's word the focal point of your life'"-Joyce Meyer. My friend Liz explained it like a ballerina who must keep her spot to stay balanced while spinning. Her eyes must stayed fixed on her spot in order to stay balanced and accomplish the goal/task at hand. It gives me peace of mind to know that others have questions and concerns and even worry. "The people were waiting expectantly and were all wondering in their hearts" Luke 3:15. It is normal, and that awareness will help us in the fight against darkness. They can be used against us as distractions, so it is very important to be conscious of the movements of our heart and mind. Hold captive every thought and make it obedient/in right alignment with God's word. If we are not conscious of these movements, it is much harder to dispel the lies and fears...they become white noise in the background...leading to oppression. Keep our eyes fixed on the prize. "Run in such a way to get the prize...Therefor I do not run like a man running aimlessly" 1 Cor. 9:24, 26.


I thank God for His truth and His word; without it I would be lost, a slave to my unsteady feelings. I long to be more and more of a slave to His Holy Spirit...in His freedom I will live. I continue on, running this race, not for me, but for my Father and what He has willed. What an honor to be a part of His plans and His purpose. That He would entrust even a little to me, blows me away. Mary and David both thanked God, He knew them as they were...through and through. Searching the heart and mind and soul for every anxious thought and offensive way, and yet He called them a "somebody." Luke 1:48 (Mary) and 1 Chronicles 17:17 (David) WOW! Brings me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment