Monthly Supporters

Security in an insecure world

"We don't do great things in this world....we do small things with great love."- Mother Theresa

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." -Mother Teresa

Isn't it funny that on money itself, it states "In God we trust." Our founding fathers had it right. They knew that hope did not stand on this paper bill or coin, but that hope and provision came from God alone. Nothing outside of ourselves can fix us, fill our God-shaped hole or even provide for us in the way that God can. Money is not our God-and will never meet all of our needs the way that God will. Stop worshipping money, start worshipping God. We all worship something and have faith in something- even atheists. Worshipping God alone is the only gift that keeps giving. Nothing else gives eternal life, unconditional love, mercy, joy, peace, forgiveness, acceptance, providence and grace! "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant not to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." 1 Timothy 6:17
While everyone else is scared about money and finding a job...I am going to trust solely in God. Just like my forefathers did before me, and God's promises stand firm today as they always have and always will. Fear and worry wil not change anything, nor will it bring joy or peace. In fact, quite the opposite...it robs me of joy and peace. But faith and trust and hope, on the other hand, change all things for the good. In this ever-changing world I choose to stand securely on God's truth and promises, for even then if I lose everything, I have lost nothing. Nothing of real worth, eternal value. It is not about self-sufficiency, it is Christ-sufficiency.
I am not in charge, I am not in control, God is. "Our best plans and hopes can be shattered by events beyond our control...there is only one source of true security in a changing world. We are secure in Him alone. When our resources diminish, we can grow rich in love and good works...holding more loosely to what we're given." Things are subject to change at any moment, but God remains the same. He is, He was, and He always will be. Anybody could lose all their money, all their possessions, even their life-in an instant. Nobody is invincible, my dad wasn't. But even when we are unfaithful, God remains faithful. We cannot lose Him. "I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness."-Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment