Monthly Supporters

Mom's Birthday...change, growth, journey

So it is my first time ever being without my mama on her birthday...very sad for me : ( But I am so thankful because she is in good hands. She will be surrounded by many many friends and family members today (she is one loved lady). I know the Hope for the Nation's benefit tonight will really help distract me and get me out of self and of service. Blessings! If you are reading this mom, I love you very much and wish you the Happiest of Birthdays!!! Cannot wait till you are here with me in less than two months...woo hoo!!! We will surely celebrate together then!

Some things that have been on my mind and heart lately...change, growing up, journey's, my walk with God.

Food for thought:
"Going outside your comfort zone can be a good thing only if you choose to learn from the journey"...can I get an amen? :0)

"Change is inevitable, growth is optional."

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% your reaction to it (your attitude)."

"I don't wanna grow up...I wanna stay in never never land forever." -Peter pan ; )

Well thank God I DO want to grow up...although never-never land is a very familiar place and existence, a comfortable one. God has much bigger plans for my life and for yours! Life goes on, the world keeps spinning, time ticks by, I get older...these are all things I cannot change or do anything about. What I can do is accept. Accept the things I cannot change, and then move forward and eb and flow with them. Ride the wave instead of fighting it...it is a losing battle to fight it (powerless). Grow up into the woman God intended, created, and is making me to be. Enjoy the journey because we are only given one shot. "Consider it pure joy when facing many trials" and accept the trials along the way as gifts from God...to build and grow me up into the likeness of Him. I can choose to run from life or I can choose to run with life, with God by my side. "wherever you go, there you are." I am not going anywhere and neither is God. Fortunately my relationship with Him is progressive, so even if my growth is stunted for a time being, my relationship with Him is growing stronger everyday whether I know it or not. Now that is grace. I want to handle myself with grace as I walk through the different seasons of my life. Each step I take and each fall along the way is just getting me closer to God and closer to who He has created me to be. This topic is pretty intense...so take what you want and leave the rest (as with all of my blogs). I come to you humbly. I am not on a soapbox. Anything you read is purely my experience, at the end of the day it's only you and God.

Psalm 84:5
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

"Every past problem is preparation for some future opportunity. God doesn't just redeem souls, He redeems experiences too." -Mark Batterson

No comments:

Post a Comment