Monthly Supporters

Edge-dwellers

Fellow Pilgrim. We are edge-dwellers...you cannot fall off the middle. The edge is where we belong, its where the risk is...it's also where the reward is. There is a high cost of being like-minded with Jesus. A high-cost and high risk of following Him wholeheartedly...to the ends of the earth, wherever He personally leads you on your journey. He anoints, honors and blesses obedience. To obey is to humble ourselves, take a seat at His feet, trust Him and follow Him no matter what the risk. We risk failure, rejection, falling on our face...but God's sovereignty covers it all. To risk our lives and our pride for God is the beginning of humility. EGO= Edging God Out. Thinking it is all about us, thinking we can do it all, we have it all together, all figured out. It is not about me or you. It is always about God. Keeping my eyes on Him and my focus on Him, takes the focus off of me and that is where the healing and love and truth is. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition and vein conceit." Humility is the Christian virtue if we are to walk in likeness of Jesus. Humility is the anecdote to most, if not all, of my problems. Humble myself enough to be teachable (because Lord knows I do not know it all). Humble myself enough to surrender to a power greater than myself (God). Humble myself enough to forgive and to love unconditionally. To risk my feelings, my comfort, even my dreams because I trust in God. TRUST= True Reliance Under Severe Testing/Trial. I usually need trust and humility the most when I really don't want them. But I cannot act based on my feelings. Nor can I base my position on my feelings. My position is based solely on the Truth of Gods Word, which is unchanging and everlasting. Unlike my fleeting emotions and feelings. My feelings are usually centered around myself, which is the opposite of humility which is selfless.
Jesus is the only perfect example to follow of humility. No one else has ever been perfect, we are human, we all fall short of the glory of God. So I follow His example one day at a time, to the best of my ability. Think about this, Jesus, "descended into greatness." WOW! "He made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness, being made in human likeness...he humbled himself." Most people would think that you would ascend into greatness, not descend. That doesn't make any sense right?!? How can you bow down, bend your knee, bow your head, and kneel as a servant, and become great? Our pride tells us, "Be confident, exalt yourself, work harder, try harder, push your way to the top, stand taller." But Jesus did just the opposite, and God himself exalted Him to the highest throne. You see, when we kneel before God, we can stand before anyone. It takes humility to bow down, to yield, to shorten our posture in order that God would become higher. More God, less me. Let Him become higher and I become lower. The knee of a servant bends, the heart of a servant yields, the head of a servant bows...Jesus came to serve, not to be served. I strive to follow His example and not the world's example. For I know that when I exalt myself, I will be humbled. It never fails.

"He who is the least among you all- he is the greatest." Luke 9:48

"A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master." Matthew 10:24

"Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many." mark 10:43-45

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3-4


"Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother of children of fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment