Monthly Supporters

Exercise for the soul...

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. 1 Sam. 16:7

How we look on the outside is not nearly as important as how we look on the inside. God looks at the heart. "I want to be beautiful, make you stand in awe. Look inside my heart and be amazed." How much are we willing to sacrifice to have a beautiful character? First exercise our spirit and soul then our bodies. If we will keep coming back to God for spiritual character enhancement, He will "inject us with the kind of loving gentleness, merciful patience, unselfish kindness and unity of spirit that will beautify our lives." Don't look in the mirror for your self-worth, look in the Bible-injecting ourselves with character building verses and with the Truth about how beautiful God see's our hearts. If we strive to be better inwardly as much as we did outwardly, think of how much God could transform our hearts into something more beautiful. "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised and honored." Proverbs 31:30 That is beauty that won't fade, character is the everlasting beauty from within. The times that I truly feel beautiful are when my heart is I am imitating God's character, reflecting His glory-not my own. When I am walking like Him and loving like Him, I get a glimpse of Him at work within me. I am a carrier of His presence, the beauty is in me. It is when I release that beauty to others by treating them the way He would treat them, that I truly feel beautiful. He is the good in me, Jesus is the only good part of me, every good part there is comes from Him. When I let Him shine in me- then I am fulfilled and feel beautiful. I heard someone once say, "we get our self-worth, not by how we are treated, but how we treat others."


"Put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self; created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." 22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment