Monthly Supporters

My prayer warriors!

WoW! I have the best mom in the world!!! I called her late late last night crying because I was not feeling well. I am very sensitive to chemicals and had been cleaning in a very small bathroom with no window...with heavy-duty chemicals yesterday. Needless to say, I was feeling very sick afterwards. I called her and just wept over the phone. Haven't done that for a long long time! It was very vulnerable. I just wanted/needed my mommy. Yes I am 24 years old but who doesn't still just need their mommy sometimes?!? I am constantly taking care of others, pouring out to others and serving others, which is what I LOVE to do...but sometimes I forget how much I need that too. Last night I just wanted someone to take care of Mal. I wanted someone to tickle my back, hug me while I cried, and nurture me. It is hard being a big girl sometimes.

I do not normally call my mom just to cry over the phone, because I don't wanna upset her- as there is not much she can do about it anyways. Or so I thought. It's not like she could drive over and take care of me. But God knows our needs before we even ask. So He had me call her. It was a leap of faith, as I said, I really didn't know what she could do but I just knew I wanted to call her. I asked her to sing me a song, she sang me one of my favorite songs of all time that she used to sing to me every night as a little girl. Then she just listened to me cry and kept telling me that she loved me and she would take care of me and tickle my back when I come home in December. WOW! Not only that but she stayed on the phone with me until I started feeling well enough to fall asleep. After I got off the phone she prayed for my healing and peace. She is a prayer warrior. I am so blessed with prayer warriors in my life. Before I called my mom I called my friend/sister Luanne. She prayed over the phone with me. Not expecting anything back from me at all, just answered the call, prayed for and with me and continued to pray long after I got off the phone. These two women in my life have had my back in prayer ever since I moved here...and long before that as well. They don't even realize the crowns they are getting in heaven for those prayers!!!

I do not think I could do all that I am doing in ministry if it wasn't for my prayer warriors. By praying for me, they are helping me to serve God by serving others...in a nutshell their prayers are serving God. When I woke up this morning I read Proverbs 31. It is the essence and epitome of my mom!!! "She gets up while it is still dark...she opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy..she is clothed with strength and dignity...she speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction. She watches over the affairs of her household. Her children (me) arise and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praises her. " v. 15, 20, 25-28

"Many women do noble things but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned and let her works bring her praise at the city gate" Prov. 31:29-31

Thank you God for my prayer warrior mama's & sisters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment