Monthly Supporters

Establish the work of our hands

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
For you alone God can establish the work of our hands. It is pre-destined. You have the blue-print. You are the blue-print.


"I lost my will, in God's will and that is where I found it."

Sometimes I am trying so hard to figure things out, that I don't stop to listen. Even just trying to figure out the next right action. I get overwhelmed and bombarded by choices (all good choices) and then I don't know which one to choose. I can get so focused on wanting to do the right thing, wanting to walk in God's will, not wanting to make the wrong choice, that it hinders me from moving at all. He knows that my heart is in the right place and that all I want to do is please Him. But unfortunately one of my battles is the overwhelm and then the indecision that follows. He tells me to keep it simple, He is not a God of confusion...and yet I can make it so complicated at times.

I was obsessing about something yesterday. All I wanted to do was please the Lord and give Him my best, but I got so worried about trying to figure it out that it became an obsession. When I am worrying over and over about something, then I have taken MY will back. I have taken the wheel from Him. Hmm...I am pretty sure HE is the one that has got it, not me. The plan and purpose were all HIS to begin with-not mine. I ask, seek, knock...but I must then stop, listen, rest. Surrender. If I am trying to figure it out, that means I have not laid it at His feet.
My mom could tell I was troubled, so she grabbed my hand and started praying. It was one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever experienced. It was like a David in the psalms kind of prayer. Very real, raw, authentic, humble. It was a release; a beautiful surrender that we both did together as we came before the Lord. Where two or more are gathered...
After she closed the prayer, we were both very quiet and peaceful. With tears in our eyes. With my eyes closed I just said, "Your prayers are powerful mom, don't ever forget that"
In all humility she asked me, "how do you know?"
I replied, "Because I am alive. Because I am alive."
WoW. It was breath-taking.


"It's in your hands, it's in your hands I trust you but I don't understand. It's in your hands, it's in your hands, close my eyes and follow your plans. Trust you cuz it's all in your hands"

No comments:

Post a Comment